Saturday, January 21, 2012





For their final project, my students had a chance to design an artwork 'inspired' by the artist that they researched all semester. I asked them what is means to be inspired and they came up with the definition 'to be motivated by.' The students started by making 4 sketches inspired by the artist and then choosing their favorite to turn into a final work. As the students choose their best sketches, I ask them what about the sketch is inspired by their artist. Each student has been strongly defending their artistic choices which is exciting to see. One other variable in this project is the medium, I am letting them choose the medium they think is most appropriate. I can't believe how well this project is going considering the amount of freedom the students have. This is across the board the most motivated and engaged I have ever seen the students. The pictures are their works in progress. You can see the diversity of media represented: tissue paper, cardboard, oil pastels, and charcoal pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment