Friday, August 31, 2012

Hamiltonian

at the opening
I went to the most recent opening at the Hamiltonian a week or so back.  I discovered the Hamiltonian about 3 years ago when I went for a panel discussion with their Fellows.  While I did not enjoy the artwork of the Fellows, I loved the discussion of the work.  Since that initial visit, I've gone to several events there and I think they have a great program.  What I love the most, is that you see artists who are working out ideas through their 2 year fellowship and it is interesting to see different stages of artistic development. 

At this most recent opening, Amy Boone-McCreesh's work was my favorite for the night with Timothy Thompson and Billy Friebele not too far behind.  Also, congrats to the awesome new gallery director!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment