Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer

I'm beginning to understand the important role summer time plays in the life of a teacher- it is a time to relax, refresh and be inspired.  Here are some highlights from this summer:

Art in the Alley - I organized a booth at Art in the Alley for Free Minds, where alleygoers could learn about the good work of Free Minds while sending positive messages and comments to our members.







Budapest, Belgrade, & Athens - I got a chance to marvel at some amazing architecture, eat delicious food, and visit good friends.





Cincinnati - Took a trip back to my hometown to hang out with my family, indulge in eveyone's favorite chili & cheer on the hometeam.

My adorable family


Eastern Shore - Drove over to the eastern shore for some relaxing time away from the city and to visit the much famed Duck Decoy Museum

Pure joy @ the Duck Decoy Museum


Epic Yoga & DC Arts Center - What do Epic Yoga and DC Arts Center have in common? Both have Ellen Stedtefeld original artwork on display this summer!  Epic Yoga has 6 works from my collage series in their reception area (along with the work of the talented Paris Goudas) and DCAC has a set of 3 small landscape paintings I created for my art education course at GW in their 1460 Wallmountables exhibit.

Capital City Public Charter School - Next Monday, I begin training for my new job as the middle school visual arts teacher at CCPCS.  I am excited for this new experience and am keeping an open mind to all the new possibilities this job will offer. 


From one of the early days @DCPS

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Keep up the writing! I need to do some updating too. Good luck on Monday! I want to hear all about it..and don't forget, on days you are too tired/'dont know what to do, Trip Photos Slideshow!

    ReplyDelete