Sunday, September 9, 2012

An arty weekend

This weekend was filled with arty moments:


I went to the Phillips Collection to see my art on display.  I met some hilarious  patrons (while my friend and I were trying to take this picture no less) who had nothing but kind words for me about my art.  Thank you strangers! You made my day.

My art will be at the Phillips Collection in the 2012 James McLaughlin Memorial Staff Show until October 9th. 








While at the Phillips, after 3 years of employment, I finally picked up my own copy of The Eye of Duncan Phillips.  I'm very excited to have my own copy. This is now my second favorite art book in my personal library as nothing will ever surpass the fabulous Barcelona and Modernity: Picasso, Gaudi, Miro, Dali, which I bought while working at the Cleveland Museum of Art.



 
On Sunday, I visited the Adams Morgan Street festival where I finally met one of my favorite local artists Matt Sesow.  I bought four of his small paintings. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment