Sunday, September 16, 2012

SCRAP DC

I made my first visit to SCRAP DC this weekend.  My 5th grade students are going to begin an identity assemblage in the next few weeks and I thought I would pick up some fun extras at SCRAP to jazz up their artworks.  It was a great experience.

SCRAP is located at 52 O St NW as part of the O St Studios (which I'll save for a whole other blog post).  The idea is that people can donate items to SCRAP, then teachers, crafters, hoarders, whomever, may come in and purchase materials for a low price.  It has kind of odd hours so I would check the website if you are trying to go.

What I picked up: stencils, maps, stationary, wallpaper samples, calendar pages, beads, pom poms, corks, buttons, yarn, reams of tracing paper, foam shapes, the list goes on and on....


entrance on the lower level of O St Studios



entering the shop


Labels make it easy to navigate
 
can't wait to take advantage of the fabric

So many paper goods- I got 3 brand new reams of tracing paper!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment