Thursday, October 11, 2012

8th grade Final Tessellations

8th grade struggled a little with tessellations.  Admittedly, I challenged them by only allowing them to create rotation or reflection based tessellations but this making the tessellation did not seem to be the problem- they had a lot of difficulty turning their shape into a person, place, animal or object, even though I let them use the same shape as the examplars (if needed).  They also struggled to finish although I gave plenty of classtime.  There were some successes though, here are a few of the best.






2 comments:

  1. What media are these made of? I recognize crayon? but what else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students used colored pencils or markers (their choice). I also gave them fine point sharpies to outline the shapes and define the details.

      Delete