Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FM Update

Free Minds has been blowing up lately!  I went to a Free Minds fundraiser (pictured here), Free Minds did a "Poetry in Motion" event at Howard University and Write Night was last week.  Lots of new people came out to support the burgeoning poets. Even if you are not in the DC area, you can support the young men of Free Minds by leaving a comment on the FM blog:

 http://freemindsbookclub.wordpress.com/

FM dream team
Here is one of my favorite poems by DC:

Torment
In the inside I'm deformed
Out of order
Wishing I could be reborn
This pain that follows me
This trouble, always acknowledging me.
Trying to find a way out
But every time I look,
This pain hide my escape route.
From my head to my feet.
Numb me, o I can go to sleep.
My eye's are open
But I can't see
'Cause the pain is on my face blinding me.
It hurts, it stings, it' sore, it burns.
It covers my future
It dims my light
The pain that I receive.
From living this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment