Monday, December 17, 2012

Leftovers

I found a picture of these three wire sculptures from last quarter that I never posted! I adore wire sculptures and the results I got were beautiful.  I did struggle getting my students to sculpt with the wire.  They had some trouble figuring out the best way to create their desired poses and needed quite a bit of assistance to get the hang of sculpting wire.  We prepared by creating sketches of action poses, then made those sketches abstract by drawing them using only one line (like wire), and we made a final "sketch" by sculpting them using pipecleaners.  This quarter, I'm seeing the same confusion.  Despite the difficulty students have, I think they are spectacular.  I'm a big supporter of projects like this one that turn out beautiful no matter the skill level of the student.  Expect more wire sculptures in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment