Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Looted/Disputed Objects

 The final set of looted and disputed objects.  I think they turned out well!  Some quotes from their reflections:

"I created a piece called the Euphronious Krater, which is a vessel used to mix wines"
"I think the best part is my background because I took my time to draw and paint it"
"I learned about designs and colors commonly found in Peruvian art."
"You had to use colors to represent your country, you had to use a shape that represented your place and you had to have the artifact on the painting"
"I used colors that appeared a lot in Mexican culture and I painted examples of their patterns."
"I like the silhouette best because it shows how detailed and unique my looted object is."
"I struggled with the painting, there were only a few main colors for Mexico and I tried not to paint the same pattern of colors"










No comments:

Post a Comment