Monday, June 23, 2014

Philly

This is my favorite artwork by Philadelphia born artist David Guinn.
This weekend I took a much overdue trip to Philadelphia. Philly is such a cool city, I had an amazing time touring murals, seeing museums and making random friends along the way. 

Did you know Philly has over 3400 murals? The Mural Arts Program is the largest public art program in the country. Better yet many (not all) of the murals engage in social justice, promoting themes of equality and painted by incarcerated individuals and other marginalized groups. Here are some more photos

And no trip would be complete without seeing the Rodin Museum and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. 
Can you spot the Mondrian? Hint: there is only one.


3 comments:

  1. Rebecca StedtefeldJuly 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM

    I bet it is not the diamond shaped painting because you have taught me that Mondrian had a deep distrust for horizontal lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca StedtefeldJuly 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM

    I meant to say diagonal!! How embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete